Think like a manager

murrac
How do you apply the "think like a manager" approach to some of these questions? i.e. I am reviewing questions in the Telecom domain and for the questions I am missing I am confused on the "think like a manager" approach to answering the questions.

Re: [CCCure CISSP] Think like a manager

Good evening,

The Telecommunication and Network Security domain is the exception to the rule.

This is the one domain where Technical Persons have an advantage.   It is more technical than any of the other domains.   Managers usually hate this domains.

In the case of this domain you do not need to understand how to configure things on devices and operating systems,  you don't need to know specifics such as CISCO IOS or other vendors of technical networking devices, you mostly need to understand terms such as protocols, ports, class of IP addresses,  VPN protocols, secure versus insecure protocols, etc...

You have to stick with concepts and not get into the small details.

On Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 10:01 PM, murrac <[hidden email]> wrote:
How do you apply the "think like a manager" approach to some of these
questions? i.e. I am reviewing questions in the Telecom domain and for the
questions I am missing I am confused on the "think like a manager" approach
to answering the questions.

Re: [CCCure CISSP] Think like a manager

murrac
Ok, what do you consider small details? I understand conceptionally from the following example that an Intranet is internal to a corporate network therefore it is in fact restricted and not publicly available like the Internet.  I want to ensure I don't get into the small details because I do believe that is why I failed the test the first time around.

Which of the following statements about the "Intranet" is NOT true?

I want to make sure I pass this time, so doing my best to dot every I and cross every T. I'm already understanding so much more than I did before. Telecom was my worst domain.

On Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 10:12 PM, Clement Dupuis <[hidden email]> wrote:
Good evening,

The Telecommunication and Network Security domain is the exception to the rule.

This is the one domain where Technical Persons have an advantage.   It is more technical than any of the other domains.   Managers usually hate this domains.

In the case of this domain you do not need to understand how to configure things on devices and operating systems,  you don't need to know specifics such as CISCO IOS or other vendors of technical networking devices, you mostly need to understand terms such as protocols, ports, class of IP addresses,  VPN protocols, secure versus insecure protocols, etc...

You have to stick with concepts and not get into the small details.

Office : +<a href="tel:703%20535%208600" target="_blank" value="+17035358600">703 535 8600
Mobile: <a href="tel:%2B1%20407%20433%206444" target="_blank" value="+14074336444">+1 407 433 6444