Re: [CCCure CISSP] Help required with CISSP Official Guide CBK 2nd edition.

Re: [CCCure CISSP] Help required with CISSP Official Guide CBK 2nd edition.

Neha Dhyani

Hi All,

Can anybody help me with ebook of CISSP Official Guide CBK 2nd edition. I have purchased the book through flipkart & the CD that came along with book has sample questions only but does not have softcopy of book.

Hence pls share the copy of ebook of this guide with me.

Regards,

Neha Dhyani

::DISCLAIMER::

Re: [CCCure CISSP] Help required with CISSP Official Guide CBK 2nd edition.

Manish Upasani
looks like you haven't started reading the ethics section yet!

Regards,
Manish Upasani

On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 4:46 PM, Neha Dhyani <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi All,

Can anybody help me with ebook of CISSP Official Guide CBK 2nd edition. I have purchased the book through flipkart & the CD that came along with book has sample questions only but does not have softcopy of book.

Hence pls share the copy of ebook of this guide with me.

Regards,

Neha Dhyani

::DISCLAIMER::

Re: [CCCure CISSP] Help required with CISSP Official Guide CBK 2nd edition.

Good day Neha,

The ISC2 book never included a soft copy of the book.

The previous Shon Harris book used to have a copy in PDF format as well but they no longer do this due to contant abuse and copies being put on pirated books websites.

The latest version of the book from ISC2 is available in Digital format either through the Apple Store or Amazon.com in Kindle format.

They are copies sold for only one user and cannot be pass along.

I am very sorry but I think your book does not include an electronic copy.

On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 6:16 AM, Neha Dhyani <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi All,

Can anybody help me with ebook of CISSP Official Guide CBK 2nd edition. I have purchased the book through flipkart & the CD that came along with book has sample questions only but does not have softcopy of book.

Hence pls share the copy of ebook of this guide with me.

Regards,

Neha Dhyani

::DISCLAIMER::

Re: [CCCure CISSP] Help required with CISSP Official Guide CBK 2nd edition.

Jim White

Caution!

This request may be a violation of the CISSP Code of Ethics. Please familiarize yourself with copyright laws. “Sharing” of copyrighted material is generally frowned upon. In ethical and legal circles, that’s often known as “stealing”. I am not an attorney, but I do advise extreme caution in responding to this request.  Clement?

Also, so far as I am aware, there exists no “ebook of CISSP Official Guide CBK 2nd edition.” As described in the FlipKart listing, the book includes a CD, but there is no reference to any “ebook” on that CD: “The book is packaged with a CD that is an invaluable tool for those seeking certification. It includes sample exams that simulate the actual exam, providing the same number and types of questions with the same allotment of time allowed. It even grades the exam, provides correct answers, and identifies areas where more study is needed.

  http://www.flipkart.com/official-isc-2-guide-cissp-cbk-second-2nd/p/itmdyhmy79uyfdcy?pid=9781439809594&ref=e3342ae0-e3c2-45ea-8f9b-1888c9866081&otracker=from-search&query=CISSP%20CBK

Jim

Re: [CCCure CISSP] Help required with CISSP Official Guide CBK 2nd edition.

Lukas Lehner
On 1/28/13 4:20 PM, Jim White wrote:

> Caution!
>
> This request may be a violation of the CISSP Code of Ethics. Please
> familiarize yourself with copyright laws. “Sharing” of copyrighted
> material is generally frowned upon. In ethical and legal circles,
> that’s often known as “stealing”. I am not an attorney, but I do
> advise extreme caution in responding to this request. Clement?

please stop your intellectual property propaganda. Do this in your own
kindergarten, but not on the internet. You are even worse than Motion
Picture Association of America..

Re: [CCCure CISSP] Help required with CISSP Official Guide CBK 2nd edition.

Jim White
Lukas,

Please reference the first line:

"This request may be a violation of the CISSP Code of Ethics."

If you are on this board, presumably you are pursuing your CISSP
credentials. If that is the case, you will be required to agree to the CoE.
Failure to promote and abide by the CoE is grounds for immediate
de-certification. I do hope that (ISC)2 has made note of your name and
determination to violate the CoE. Also, what you are defending is a clear
violation of the law. Whether you agree with that law is totally irrelevant;
you will be sworn to uphold it as a CISSP.

You might chose not to waste your time and money on the CISSP certification.

Jim

P.S. No need for the personal attack.

> This request may be a violation of the CISSP Code of Ethics. Please
> familiarize yourself with copyright laws. "Sharing" of copyrighted
> material is generally frowned upon. In ethical and legal circles,
> that's often known as "stealing". I am not an attorney, but I do
> advise extreme caution in responding to this request. Clement?

please stop your intellectual property propaganda. Do this in your own
kindergarten, but not on the internet. You are even worse than Motion
Picture Association of America..

Re: [CCCure CISSP] Help required with CISSP Official Guide CBK 2nd edition.

Doug Spindler
When I saw the words "The CISSP code of Ethics" and the words "ethical and
legal circles,  that's often known as "stealing"."  I immediately thought of
the Aaron Swartz.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aaron_Swartz

In the case of Aaron what's illegal might be in the eye of the beholder and
prosecutor and even if the beholder doesn't want to press charges and allows
the information to be available for free the prosecutor can still consider
it to be illegal and peruse prosecution of the case.  In this case Aaron's
crime was not downloading the material it was the rate he did it and that he
used a script.  Just something to think about.  Sad this brilliant kid lost
his life over this.

This begs me to ask a question of our Indian colleagues.  I was told by one
of my Indian instructors that in Indian culture if you buy something it's
"owned" by the family.  So if you buy a car, books, clothes, computers it's
shared by everyone.  And I was told this includes software.  So if a family
member buys a copy of say Windows the CD would be shared by everyone in the
family.

The professor said there's one exception - cell phones.  People in India
never share cell phones.  The laws are such that if the phone (not the
person) commits a crime the owner of the cell phone gets prosecuted. The
owner cannot use the excuse "I loaned my phone to someone".

This post and my professors comments is just a reminder different countries
have different law but with the Internet we are in a global economy.

.