Passed CISSP First Time

hefster
I took the CISSP and passed the first time.  I studied hard for 8 months.  I used Clement's CCCure test engine and scenario-based questions, Shon Harris All-In-One, and CISSP for Dummies.  If you read the AIO and take a few outlined notes, it will tie it all together when you see the questions on CCCure.  There is a lot of good info in some of the questions.  Start out with 50 questions on each domain unti you get 80% or more consistently.  Then start over with the doamins and take 100 questions until you're 80%.  Take 250 questions covering all areas until you're getting 80% or higher.  This works not because it gives you the test questions to memorize, but because it makes you study your weak areas.  Day before the test do something you enjoy, preferably something physical.  Don't study at all that day.  Schedule your test for first thing in the morning.  It took me just over four hours to get through the questions and review.  I was pretty sure I had enough questions right to pass but still relieved to have it over with.