Fail Safe Vs Fail Open

Mailkc
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: [CCCure CISSP] Fail Safe Vs Fail Open

BobbyJoe

Nice read here with some cool examples  http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fail-safe

Bobby

On Dec 24, 2013 10:05 AM, "Mailkc" <[hidden email]> wrote:
My understanding regarding Fail safe/open/secure is as below -

                     Fail Safe             Fail Open
Fail Closed             Fail Secure
Physical             unlocked              Unlocked (Insecure)          Locked
Locked
Logical      Locked (deny)         Unlocked (Insecure)          Locked
Locked

Now, in one of the practice tests I am reading -

If a door is considered fail-safe, it remains locked during a power outage.
If this type of door is being used,
people’s safety must take precedence. This means that the door should be
equipped with a panic bar or other mechanism that allows individuals to
safely exit the building during a power outage or emergency.

Request you to please correct my understanding.