[CCCure CISSP] vue.com account only for SSCP?

[CCCure CISSP] vue.com account only for SSCP?

Lukas Lehner
Why I need a vue.com account only for SSCP? I already have a vue.com
account with many certs. Do you know the reason for this rule? I don't
like to have two accounts :(

http://i.imgur.com/ioz9D.jpg

Re: [CCCure CISSP] vue.com account only for SSCP?

Jim White
Higher level of security for your (ISC)2 accounts? Segregated account
tracking databases? Both?

Only (ISC)2 and Vue can authoritatively answer your question. I'd check
their web-sites. If you can't find an explanation there, you could contact
them directly. No one on this board who is not an employee of Vue and/or
(ISC)2 is quailed to answer your question. We can only speculate, as I am
doing above. Any response on this board would, by definition, be
second-hand, hearsay testimony. Opinion, at best, grossly inaccurate, at
worst, unless that information originates from either Vue or (ISC)2.

When you find an authoritative answer from Vue and/or (ISC)2, please re-post
it here; I'm sure others would be interested.

Re: [CCCure CISSP] vue.com account only for SSCP?

Good day Lukas,

This is a requirement from ISC2 in this case.

When you create your new account specifically for the SSCP on the VUE web site your information will be sent to ISC2 and they will create a corresponding account on the ISC2 web site as well.

You will get a confirmation message from both ISC2 and VUE as well.   The ISC2 message will contain your candidate ID will will become your SSCP ID after your exam.

Just out of curiosity,  is there a specific reason you elected to do the SSCP instead of the CISSP.  Doing the CISSP would give you a certification that have more recognition and that covers a lot more of the government management and technical levels.

Best of luck

On 1/3/13 9:12 PM, Clement Dupuis wrote:
> Just out of curiosity,  is there a specific reason you elected to do
> the SSCP instead of the CISSP.  Doing the CISSP would give you a
> certification that have more recognition and that covers a lot more of
> the government management and technical levels.
I did intensive self study for CISSP, but 4 years ago. No course.
Now I will try SSCP, because my preparation is not current anymore. If I
will pass SSCP, I will ask my boss to pay me training for CISSP.

What's the price of SSCP exam? How long is the duration and number of
questions?

On 1/3/13 8:14 PM, Jim White wrote:
> Only (ISC)2 and Vue can authoritatively answer your question. I'd check
> their web-sites. If you can't find an explanation there, you could contact
> them directly.
Contacted them and will post on the list. Really annoying rule.

Re: [CCCure CISSP] vue.com account only for SSCP?

Good day Lukas,

I agree with you that it is annoying to have more than one single account per testing site.

However, this is all in order to protect the integrity of the exam.  As you have probably notice you cannot take the CISSP exam at any of the VUE testing centers.  Only testing centers owned by VUE can be used.   A training company who also run VUE testing cannot offer the CISSP test at their location.

This is to prevent theft of the exam and to maintain it's integrity.  Look at other certification body, they do not go through those steps but you have word for word copy of their exam available all over the net.   This devalues the cert and render it mostly useless.

I do not mind going through a few more steps if it means it will maintain the value of my cert.  Of course there is also a small marketing side to all this.   As soon as ISC2 finds out you are interested in taking the exam they will offer you services and training :-(

On Thu, Jan 3, 2013 at 3:47 PM, Lukas Lehner <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 1/3/13 8:14 PM, Jim White wrote:
Only (ISC)2 and Vue can authoritatively answer your question. I'd check
their web-sites. If you can't find an explanation there, you could contact
them directly.
Contacted them and will post on the list. Really annoying rule.

Re: [CCCure CISSP] vue.com account only for SSCP?

Jim White

Clement,

Thousands of established Cisco CCIEs might disagree with your categorization of their accomplishments as “mostly useless.”

Similarly, America’s financial services professionals, health care professionals, insurance, legal services, and many other certified professionals, such as those who hold the EC-Council CEH v7 or  CompTIA Security+, deserve better than your dismissive judgment. I also suspect that Pearson/Vue would be none too flattered by your assessment.

Are you suggesting that because these certifying bodies don’t all require a unique authentication method such as (ISC)2 requires, that those many certifications are somehow inferior to the CISSP? You know, mostly useless. And what is it about (ISC)2’s authentication requirement that provides additional exam integrity and confidentiality? My logging in with a different set of credentials enhances exam integrity and confidentiality in what fashion? It’s still just single factor authentication, after all. Not sure I understand that. Unless, of course, Vue’s native authentication and confidentiality mechanisms are presumed to be weak or suspect. I also don’t understand why restricting delivery to Pearson-owned facilities automatically increases exam integrity and confidentiality. I see no reason to bequeath an employee of a Pearson/Vue testing center a higher degree of trustworthiness than someone like myself, an independent Vue proctor. Or an employee of Billy Bob’s Pretty Good Vue Testing Center. Seems like an insult to everyone who administers Vue exams but doesn’t work for Pearson.

Sadly, it’s only a matter of time before the CISSP exam is compromised in a fashion similar to what you alluded to here. Soon, there will be “word for word” copies of the CISSP “exam available all over the net”, rendering the certification “mostly useless”.

The best defense against the dumps isn’t multiple authentication hoops to jump through, or exam integrity and confidentiality through an Electronic or Physical Security Perimeters; those will always be defeated. Instead, the various certification sponsors need to churn their questions so aggressively that every exam delivered is unique and never repeated. A brain dump from yesterday should bear zero resemblance to a test delivered tomorrow. End of dump usefulness. But that would be expensive, like written exams were, and would erode profit margins. I get it.

I believe that (ISC)2 may have made a tactical error in going to this new electronic delivery method. I am a prior CISSP (written exam), and am preparing to sit the exam again in February (Vue electronic delivery). I thought exam control at the written test site was exemplary, and was obviously working, as evidenced by the absence of “word for word” copies “all over the net”. I think the more important question here is not whether a secondary form of authentication for Vue exam registration is a good thing, but rather why we are required/allowed to test electronically at all. If we are really concerned with the integrity of the exam environment, and, ultimately, the certification itself, we’ll need to convince (ISC)2 to revert to the written exam format.

Jim

Re: [CCCure CISSP] vue.com account only for SSCP?

Good day Jim,

Let's not get too excited over a simple matter which unfortunately we do not control.  As I have said in my response I totally agree with you that VUE should be VUE and I should not have to create two account one for ISC2 and one for  other type of testing.   The rules are made by ISC2 and all we can do is lobby to the board at ISC2 to make changes on things we do not like.

The CISCO CCIE certification is definitively the exception to the rule.  It is one of the only certification out there along with a few others hands on that requires hands on demonstration of your mastery of the subject.  This is why the CCIE is so highly regarded.     Many people have done the theory portion of the CCIE and many go the extra step to do the practical requirements as well.   It is not only a multiple choice exam only, you have to show you can walk the walk by spending a full day in a lab demonstrating your skills.

It is not a matter of personal judgment but simply reality.   Anything in electronic format is too easily copied and duplicated.  All I am saying is that you do the certification for yourself first and then to meet job requirements in some cases.   What you put in is what you get out of it.  If you really apply yourself, learn the topics, expand your knowledge, set up your own lab, go above and beyond the minimum required then you have already gain a lot more than getting a few letters after your name.

The system is so broken with certifications like the CEH and Security+ that you can even pay someone to take the exam on your behalf and then get a certificate by mail saying you are certified.   Once again such an approach will not give anyone any long term benefit, you may get the first interview based on keyword you have on your resume but then you would fail the second technical interview when they start probing you for what you know.

Just like you I am one of the good guys, are you telling me that these issues do not exists?  They do exist.   Just as you said, changing the pool of exam questions regularly would greatly help in minimizing the impact of exam theft but it is not possible to change exams weekly considering you have a set body of knowledge that is updated only once in a while and I do not believe any of the certification body would be willing to do so very regularly mostly due to the cost involved as you have mentioned below.

I work for a training company which offer testing from 8 different vendors and we do things properly.   However, when you have training and testing centers in multiple countries worldwide it does become a huge challenge to ensure that abuse will not take place.  Not everyone has the same level of ethics as you have or I do.  I despite people who are cheaters and I do condone such activities.

There has been at least one occasion in the past where a full copy of a CISSP exam delivered on paper was leaked onto the net.  Those exams being regularly changed and updated, it was possible for ISC2 to track down where it was delivered and who were the proctors as well.   What is the likelihood that you will get the same random 250 questions on two different exams, not very likely if you have a large enough pool of questions.

Yes the paper based exam was very rigid but it was not very flexible.   Once again just as it happened with computer security they give precedence to flexibility, easy of use, low cost, availability over security and integrity in the delivery of exam.

In summary,  if you have EARNED your certification through thorough studies and learning then you deserve it and it is worth something.  If you cheat, and use brain dumps available on the net, then you have not accomplished anything and you contribute to the devalue of a certification.  This is all I am saying.    Do not read too much in between the lines and make me say things I did not say.

On Thu, Jan 3, 2013 at 9:24 PM, Jim White <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Mobile: <a href="tel:%2B1%20407%20433%206444" value="+14074336444" target="_blank">+1 407 433 6444