[CCCure CISSP] relating to security modes what is Difference Between Proper clearance and formal access approval , and can some one give examples on security modes ?

[CCCure CISSP] relating to security modes what is Difference Between Proper clearance and formal access approval , and can some one give examples on security modes ?

waleed zidan

--
Eng. Mohamed Waleed Zidan
IT  Engineer

Re: [CCCure CISSP] relating to security modes what is Difference Between Proper clearance and formal access approval , and can some one give examples on security modes ?

Good day Waleed,

The concept of having a clearance is based on a background investigation that would be done on how trusted you can be.  A clearance is usually needed if you work for a government organization who has sensitive date.

As you will see within Mandatory Access Control (MAC) the subject (person/entity) accessing a classified file/Object must dominate the object sensitivity level (classification).     This is a requirement.

Formal approval is simply granted by management after the user has signed a Non Disclosure Agreement.
It is formal approval from management to let you access specific data sets needed to perform your duties within your company.

As far as the Modes of Operations you can see a great explanations at:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Security_modes