[CCCure CISSP] protection profile and Evaluation Assurance Level

[CCCure CISSP] protection profile and Evaluation Assurance Level

Trung Le Thanh
Dear friend

anyone know the relation between Evaluation Assurance Level and Protection profile ( I am going on Security Architect and Design)
would you please help to give example?

thanks

Re: [CCCure CISSP] protection profile and Evaluation Assurance Level

Good day Trung,

The best website for anything related to CC is:

http://www.commoncriteriaportal.org/cc/

The first document describe what are protection profiles and the third document describe EAL.

A Protection Profile is mostly a document that describe what are the security feature that a product should have.   For example you could have  a protection profile for low level firewall, medium level security firewall, and high level security firewall.

The Evaluation Assurance Level is the certification that you have received from EAL 1 to 7.
They combine the results of assurance and functionality to come out with a single rating. The higher the rating the more secure the product.