[CCCure CISSP] hi...

David Sekanic

Re: [CCCure CISSP] hi...

David Nickel
I would be curious to see how many clicked on this link.
It would be interesting to know how many security minded people would click on an obscure link with no description.
Thanks
David

David Nickel
Systems Engineer
EDTS, LLC

Re: [CCCure CISSP] hi...

Doug Spindler
You will find a lot of people would click on the link including security professionals.   The test you really should try is sending out a QR code and see how many people will "snap" the link.  Surprisingly I think you will find more people will snap than click.

The new "hack" is to put a QR code sticker over a real QR code on an advertisement.  Or to just print business cards with with just a QR code and nothing else.  You'll find people will scan because they are curious.  Very easy way to distribute malware.  By the way if you don't have it yet there is a QR whitelisting app one can download.  It validates the QR snap before taking you to the web site.  Must have now a days.

Doug Spindler

On Feb 2, 2013, at 3:02 AM, David Nickel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I would be curious to see how many clicked on this link.
> It would be interesting to know how many security minded people would click on an obscure link with no description.
> Thanks
> David
>
> David Nickel
> Systems Engineer
> EDTS, LLC

Re: [CCCure CISSP] hi...

Steven M. Swafford
I follow one simple rule and never click on a link that I do not trust,
therefore I did not click the link.

Now the exception is and I do not like it is links that use URL shortening.
This type of link is rolling the dice.

-
Steven