[CCCure CISSP] biometric question

cissp_student_01
Hello All,

I have a question about biometric accuracy as per Shon Harris 6th Edition she says Iris scan is the most accurate . However, other people say Retina scan is the most. Now in case what option is correct choice to choose from
some quiz it is retina and other it is iris

Could  u please help.

regards
Sam

Re: [CCCure CISSP] biometric question

Sandesh Yadav
Dear sam,

I will go for retina scan.

w.r.
Sandesh

On Sun, Jan 19, 2014 at 10:23 AM, abid James <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello All,

I have a question about biometric accuracy as per Shon Harris 6th Edition she says Iris scan is the most accurate . However, other people say Retina scan is the most. Now in case what option is correct choice to choose from
some quiz it is retina and other it is iris

Could  u please help.

regards
Sam

Re: [CCCure CISSP] biometric question

I must disagree on this one,

Retina is for sure the most effective but also the most intrusive.

The most commonly accepted type is fingerprint

On Mon, Jan 20, 2014 at 10:21 AM, Marouane <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Bijesh

Just to add some points here.
Iris pattern never changes with age.the pattern is intact even after a human dies.thus the identity is maintained over age. But the bio metric machine can be fooled with a high res image of iris.

The retina's response also never changes with age,but it gives a different response with diseases like cateract.this is the only factor that can cause error.
however the biometric scanner can never be fooled as it needs a live human tissue response.
So in terms of accuracy and authenticity, retina scan method wins over iris.

Regards,
Bijesh Kallyat

On Jan 20, 2014 8:52 PM, "Marouane" <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Doug Spindler

Marouane,

Your reply has me wondering if a contract lenses could with a printed iris could fool an iris scanner.

Same question for retinal scanner.

Seems to me a contact lens or change in contact lens prescription would distort and cause a false negative.

I don’t know if it’s possible, I’m just asking.

Re: [CCCure CISSP] biometric question

Doug Spindler

In preparing for this exam your goal should be passing the exam, not necessarily knowing what the facts are.  (Remember the facts change faster than the exam.)  Don’t confuse the two objectives.  To pass the exam the correct answer what’s in the official ISC2 book which may or not reflect the current state of security for biometrics.

Re: [CCCure CISSP] biometric question

Mailkc
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.