[CCCure CISSP] Request for sharing of Copyrighted Material

[CCCure CISSP] Request for sharing of Copyrighted Material

Good day to all,

I rarely have to step in and moderate but I think it is needed this time before it degenerates even further.

First I must say that I totally agree with everyone who have stepped in and told the person who requested a copy of the ISC2 book in Digital Format that this is not the place to do so and such activities are simply illegal and not supported by any CISSP who follows the code of Ethics of ISC2.    You did the right thing by letting the user know that it was case.

Was this a deliberate attempt to get illegal copies of copyrighted material, I do not believe so and this is why I also replied advising the member of the list there is no such beast as a Digital Copy of the ISC2 book when you buy the printed version.  You only get quizzes on the CD and not a copy in digital format.  If the website that sold the book alluded to this fact they lied to you.   I think the user just took for granted it was something that should have been included.

I am also asking people to be polite to other who are doing the right thing.   As a security professionals it is part of our duties to follow the law and inform others if they are breaking it.   No need to call others name or to tell them to go play somewhere else.   Let's keep the discussion professional.

For the record let me restate my policy about requesting copyrighted material through this list:  It is NOT allowed

Any request for copies of copyrighted material made on this list will get you banned permanently from this list and any other website and mailing list maintained by CCCure.   Authors have work hard to produce books and other study material and they deserve their percentage of share they get on each copy being sold.

Foul language or RTFM type messages will get you banned as well.  We are all professionals working in the field and let's keep it as such.

Now is the time to get Back to studying and helping other become certified and learning more.

Best regards to all

On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 11:06 AM, Jim White <[hidden email]> wrote:
Lukas,

Please reference the first line:

"This request may be a violation of the CISSP Code of Ethics."

If you are on this board, presumably you are pursuing your CISSP
credentials. If that is the case, you will be required to agree to the CoE.
Failure to promote and abide by the CoE is grounds for immediate
de-certification. I do hope that (ISC)2 has made note of your name and
determination to violate the CoE. Also, what you are defending is a clear
violation of the law. Whether you agree with that law is totally irrelevant;
you will be sworn to uphold it as a CISSP.

You might chose not to waste your time and money on the CISSP certification.

Jim

P.S. No need for the personal attack.

Re: [CCCure CISSP] Request for sharing of Copyrighted Material

Prakash
Let me step in after many years,

Well, If one is ready to pay USD 599 as fees for exam why are you not ready to pay something which can make you pass ?

There is no need to purchase a brand new spanking book from store.

Just purchase a used one from Amazon for as little as 48 USD.

For Indians, its even better, Its INR 896 which is 16 USD Only - http://www.flipkart.com/cissp-all-in-one-exam-guide-6th/p/itmdg6z5sk7yf7xg
Use a flipkart coupon like 200 off on 800 Rs, Book is yours in just 600 Rs.

Remember any author be it Shon, Clement or ISC2 invests huge amount of time & effort to update the content & make a book. They deserve the money for the time they have spent.

All the best to everyone.

- Prakash