[CCCure CISSP] Qs3 Cryptography: cccure QuizEngn doubts

[CCCure CISSP] Qs3 Cryptography: cccure QuizEngn doubts

I have some doubts regarding some cccure Quiz questions and concepts mentioned below. Would really appreciate it if you could take out some time and help me with them. Request you to please provide a quick reply as I need to appear for the exam in the month of July.

Doubt#3
========

151.

1.     Question: 1476 | Difficulty: 5/5 | Relevancy: 3/3

Which of the following is not defined within the Wireless Application Protocol (WAP) protocol stack?

o     Wireless Data Link Protocol (WDLP)

o      Wireless Transaction Protocol (WTP)

o      Wireless Session Protocol (WSP)

o      Wireless Datagram Protocol (WDP)

You did not provide any answer to this question. Please review details below.

The Wireless Data Link Protocol (WDLP) is not defined within the WAP protocol stack.

Other elements were all part of of the WAP protocol stack:

o The Wireless Markup Language (WML) and script

o The Wireless Application Environment (WAE), and

o The Wireless Transport Layer Security Protocol (WTLS)

WAP (Wireless Application Protocol) is a specification for a set of communication protocols to standardize the way that wireless devices, such as cellular telephones and radio transceivers, can be used for Internet access, including e-mail, the World Wide Web, newsgroups, and instant messaging.
The WAP layers are:

o Wireless Application Environment (WAE)

o Wireless Session Layer (WSL)

o Wireless Transport Layer Security (WTLS)

o Wireless Transport Layer (WTL)

The Wireless Markup Language (WML) is used to create pages that can be delivered using WAP.

WAP provides a Wireless Transaction Protocol (WTP) that provides reliable transport for the WAP datagram service. WTP rovides similar reliability as traditional TCPdoes, but without behaviors that make TCP unsuitable in a wireless network. For example, TCPtransmits a large amount of information for each request response transaction, including information needed to handle out of order packet delivery. Since there is only one possible route between the WAP proxy and the handset, there is no need to handle this situation. WTP eliminates this unnecessary information and reduces the amount of information needed for each request-response transaction. This is just one example of the optimizations WTP provides. WAP's WTP solution also means that a TCP stack is not required in the phone, which allows for significant savings in processing and memory cost in the handset.

REFERENCES:

KRUTZ, Ronald L. & VINES, Russel D., The CISSP Prep Guide: Mastering the Ten Domains of Computer Security, John Wiley & Sons, 2001, Chapter 4: Cryptography (page 173).

WhatIs.com "Wireless Application Protocol"
http://searchmobilecomputing.techtarget.com/sDefinition/0,,sid40_gci213337,00.html

There is a nice PDF document on this subject at: http://www.wapforum.org/what/WAPWhite_Paper1.pdf

Thanks to Cyrus Ho for sending feedback to improve this question.
Thanks to Scruff McGruff for sending feedback to improve this question.

Contributor: Christian Vezina

Covered topic: <A title="Mobile, wireless and satellite technologies and security - " href="javascript:void(0)">Mobile, wireless and satellite technologies and security

My doubt:  Explanation provided in the answer doesn’t show/cover WSP and WDP as part of WAP. Could someone please explain how WSP and WDP are part of WAP and what are their roles?

Re: [CCCure CISSP] Qs3 Cryptography: cccure QuizEngn doubts

Good day Amlan,

Remember Google or Bing or Yahoo or Any Search engine can be your best friend to find information.  A quick search of:  WAP protocol stack  will give you the answer very quickly.    It is key that you attempt to find the information on your own first, when you look for something and you find it, then you will remember it as well.

Look at:  http://www.howstuffworks.com/wireless-internet3.htm

Take care

On Sun, Jun 2, 2013 at 4:20 PM, Amlan Deb <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello everyone,

I have some doubts regarding some cccure Quiz questions and concepts mentioned below. Would really appreciate it if you could take out some time and help me with them. Request you to please provide a quick reply as I need to appear for the exam in the month of July.

Doubt#3
========

151.

1.     Question: 1476 | Difficulty: 5/5 | Relevancy: 3/3

Which of the following is not defined within the Wireless Application Protocol (WAP) protocol stack?

o     Wireless Data Link Protocol (WDLP)

o      Wireless Transaction Protocol (WTP)

o      Wireless Session Protocol (WSP)

o      Wireless Datagram Protocol (WDP)

You did not provide any answer to this question. Please review details below.

Details

Submit a comment on this question

[...]

Covered topic: Mobile, wireless and satellite technologies and security

My doubt:  Explanation provided in the answer doesn’t show/cover WSP and WDP as part of WAP. Could someone please explain how WSP and WDP are part of WAP and what are their roles?

Re: [CCCure CISSP] Qs3 Cryptography: cccure QuizEngn doubts

Shalalia Wesley

Clement,

Well said.  Thanks!!!