[CCCure CISSP] Qs2 Law: cccure QuizEngn doubts

[CCCure CISSP] Qs2 Law: cccure QuizEngn doubts

I have some doubts regarding some cccure Quiz questions and concepts mentioned below. Would really appreciate it if you could take out some time and help me with them. Request you to please provide a quick reply as I need to appear for the exam in the month of July.

Doubt#2
========

75.

1.     Question: 1578 | Difficulty: 2/5 | Relevancy: 3/3

Which of the following best defines a Computer Security Incident Response Team (CSIRT)?

o      An organization that provides a secure channel for receiving reports about suspected security incidents.

o      An organization that ensures that security incidents are reported to the authorities.

o     An organization that coordinates and supports the response to security incidents.

o      An organization that disseminates incident-related information to its constituency and other involved parties.

You did not provide any answer to this question. Please review details below.

RFC 2828 (Internet Security Glossary) defines a Computer Security Incident Response Team (CSIRT) as an organization that coordinates and supports the response to security incidents that involves sites within a defined constituency. This is the proper definition for the CSIRT. To be considered a CSIRT, an organization must provide a secure channel for receiving reports about suspected security incidents, provide assistance to members of its constituency in handling the incidents and disseminate incident-related information to its constituency and other involved parties. Security-related incidents do not necessarily have to be reported to the authorities.
Source: SHIREY, Robert W.,
RFC2828: Internet Security Glossary, may 2000.

Contributor: Christian Vezina

My doubt:  Does option ‘D’ define a Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT)?