[CCCure CISSP] Qs1 Cryptography: cccure QuizEngn doubts

[CCCure CISSP] Qs1 Cryptography: cccure QuizEngn doubts

I have some doubts regarding some cccure Quiz questions and concepts mentioned below. Would really appreciate it if you could take out some time and help me with them. Request you to please provide a quick reply as I need to appear for the exam in the month of July.

Doubt#1
========

176.

1.     Question: 2227 | Difficulty: 3/5 | Relevancy: 3/3

You've decided to identify the agent who initiated any particular transfer.  You can do this by:

o      Having the agent encrypt the message with his private key.

Having the agent encrypt the hash with his private key.

o      Having the agent encrypt the message with his symmetric key.

o      Having the agent encrypt the hash with his public key.

You did not provide any answer to this question. Please review details below.

The correct answer is:  Having the agent encrypt the hash with his private key.

Instead of using a shared-key to encrypt the hash of a given message, the sender's private key is used to "sign" the hash.

The following answers are incorrect:

Having the agent encrypt the hash with his public key.

Having the agent encrypt the message with his private key.

Having the agent encrypt the message with his symmetric key.

The following reference(s) were/was used to create this question:

Official Study Guide ISC2

and

http://www.abanet.org/scitech/ec/isc/dsgfree.html

Question contributed by: DeBrew
Email or CCCure Nickname of question author:
Question reviewed by:  Clement Dupuis

My doubt:  Both option ‘A’ and ‘B’ can be used to identify the sender!  Please explain why option ’A’ would be incorrect?