[CCCure CISSP] Practice Exams (2nd Edition)

[CCCure CISSP] Practice Exams (2nd Edition)

Sahu
Can someone please comment on the book Practice Exams (2nd Edition) by Shon Harris.  I am thinking about purchasing the book.

Regards,
Devaraj.

Re: [CCCure CISSP] Practice Exams (2nd Edition)

Doug Spindler

I’ve found it wasn’t that helpful in getting prepared for the exam.  It’s good if you want to get use to the format of the exam.  But now that the exam has been computerized I don’t think the book would help at doing that either.

Doug

Can someone please comment on the book Practice Exams (2nd Edition) by Shon Harris.  I am thinking about purchasing the book.

Regards,

Devaraj.

Re: [CCCure CISSP] Practice Exams (2nd Edition)

Jim White

I’m inclined to agree with Doug. I own the book, and what I’ve always liked about Shon’s practice questions is their relative complexity, plus, and especially, her expert answer explanations. That said, now that the exam is computer-based, I think we all need as much CBT-like exposure as possible.

I have subscribed to CCCure Quizzer (good explanations) (blatant plug!), and purchased the Boson® ExSim for CISSP practice environment (very good answer explanations). That, plus the CBK and Shon’s 6th Edition All-In-One. I run a couple practice exams of 100 questions each per day in CCCure Quizzer and Boson, then refer to the CBK and AIO for clarification on questions I get incorrect of feel I need clarification on.

Run as many practice questions as possible, preferably CBT-simulations. Make sure you understand why the answer is the answer using references such as the CBK and AIO, then go pass the exam!

Nothing here is rocket science; it’s just hard work!

[...]

Gayan Ranasinghe.

Re: [CCCure CISSP] Practice Exams (2nd Edition)

Lillian Isacks

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!