[CCCure CISSP] Exam questions

cissp_student_01
Hello All,

I would like to know how are the concepts tested in the Exam. The reason i ask this question because
practice tests are based on the domains like Access control if i take the test the focus is only on that domain.
However, if i take test for BCP/DRP the practice test is focussed on that domain only.
Does the exam  test the concepts of  multiple domains in a question i mean to say scenairo based 1 to 5

sample  of access control

Harry is overseeing a team that has
to integrate various business services provided by different company departments into
one web portal for both internal employees and external partners. His company has a
diverse and heterogeneous environment with different types of systems providing cus-
tomer relationship management, inventory control, e-mail, and help-desk ticketing ca-
pabilities. His team needs to allow different users access to these different services in a
secure manner.

Hope i explained the question correctly.

Regards
Sameer

Re: [CCCure CISSP] Exam questions

Good day Abid,

Some questions are covering more than one domain and some topics are within more than one domain as well.

Usually the question will give you a context to help you find the best answer.

As far as the CBK overall, ISC2 does not make any effort to do what I call Logical Linking of topics.   Each of the domains can be studied as a stand alone module.

On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 5:07 PM, abid James <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Christina

James,

I think what you are asking is if the questions test your understanding across multiple domains.  I would say to be prepared for that because they are designed to test your fundamentals and understanding of the concepts behind all the domains and how they are put to use.  So the short  is yes.

Hope that helps, we cannot discuss specific contents on the exam.

-Tina

On Oct 23, 2013, at 5:07 PM, abid James <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Tina, When we practice the questions on the freepraticetest provided by clement if i choose access control i am sure that the contents and answers will be from the same domain. But if the question asked has multiple domain references it will be very difficult to choose the right answer

Say for example answer questions 1-5

Harry is overseeing a team that has
to integrate various business services provided by different company departments into
one web portal for both internal employees and external partners. His company has a
diverse and heterogeneous environment with different types of systems providing cus-
tomer relationship management, inventory control, e-mail, and help-desk ticketing ca-
pabilities. His team needs to allow different users access to these different services in a
secure manner.

This question is from access control - i am sure that the answers 1-5 have to be from access control not from the other domains

If you mixed up with concept like below
Question 1:Information security and risk mgmt
Question 2: access control
Question 3 : cryptography
Question 4: Physical security
Question 5: BCP/DRP
choosing the right answer will be very difficult.

Regards
James

CC: [hidden email]

Re: [CCCure CISSP] Exam questions

Good day Abid,

I think you're over thinking the questions.

All exam questions can only have ONE good choice.  They do a really good job at ensuring there is only one possible answer that can match with the question.

The keyword above is MATCH.  You have to read the question VERY carefully.  I always joke in my classroom and say the most important skill for this exam is:  READING

Expect to see synonyms being used, do not expect word for word what you see in your study book.  This exam does not work this way.  The questions are testing your ability to analyze and based on the information presented within the question you must pick the best choice.

On Thu, Oct 24, 2013 at 11:20 AM, abid James <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Then you would want to choose the most correct answer, while always keeping CIA in mind.  There will be questions like these on the real exam. This is excellent practice in preparation for the real deal.

Cheers,
Tina

Sent from my iPhone