[CCCure CISSP] Disaster Recovery

murrac
Hi all

There is a question in one of the scenarios that Clement provided that talks about AAA Business Functions. I can't seem to find reference to this anywhere and therefore have no idea what this is. Can anyone shed some light on this? I have included the question below. Thanks.

Your IT Manager wants to be sure you have addressed possible shortcomings in the backup and restore process.
He also wants you to brief him on options regarding remote sites. Address the following quest
ions which will arise while you develop the disaster recovery plan.
Question 1:
The MOST important resource to restore after a disaster occurs is:
A.Fast internet connections for users
B.AAA Business facilities
C.AAA Business functions
D.Critical business data for access by key users

C is the correct answer

Re: [CCCure CISSP] Disaster Recovery

lisa.francoeur

If I was presented with this question during the exam, I would have reasoned that AAA was the company which the IT manager worked for.

Re: [CCCure CISSP] Disaster Recovery

Jim White

Authentication

Authorization

Accounting

If I was presented with this question during the exam, I would have reasoned that AAA was the company which the IT manager worked for.

Re: [CCCure CISSP] Disaster Recovery

Leif Palmer
Hi Candis,

The way I look at this is the most critical aspect (besides personnel safety) of any business (in the long run) is service to the customers, thus revenues. After all, that's why we're in business, right?

That said, you'll need to get critical business funtions up/running first. This does several things including showing your shareholders/customers that they are most important to you as a business entity. It also shows/proves due diligence on your part. Without critical business functions to serve, no need to have the critical business data for your users. Same thing for internet use; unless you are in business (with critical functions available) internet access is of no use, except maybe to give external users access to your "house" for malicious purposes.

In a nutshell, it's always safety of personnel above all; but the most important reason for DR or IR is to restore integrity to your system as a whole, thus serving that critical business function.

Hope this helps. Good luck to you!

Respectfully,

Leif Palmer

If I was presented with this question during the exam, I would have reasoned that AAA was the company which the IT manager worked for.

Re: [CCCure CISSP] Disaster Recovery

murrac
Thanks to all who responded.

Leif I was thinking Critical business and totally missed the fact that it should be the "functions" not the "data".

I appreciate the feedback!

Candis

Re: [CCCure CISSP] Disaster Recovery

jaackal
This is one of those all encompassing questions you are likely to find in the exam. Business functions encompasses all - the facilities for staff, their broadband connection and the critical business data.

I hope this helps.

regards

Judith