[CCCure CISSP] Cryptography question from CCCURE

[CCCure CISSP] Cryptography question from CCCURE

pgnair
 Hello,

Could someone tell me why the following answer is correct?

Question: 1412 |

Cryptography does not concern itself with which of the following choices?

 My answer was availability, but the correct answer is validation. Validation could imply authentication, however in all my readings, cryptography rarely talks about availability as a security service.

thank you,
prema

Re: [CCCure CISSP] Cryptography question from CCCURE

Doug Spindler

It’s a poor question, but it’s the CIA which doesn’t include validation.

Could someone tell me why the following answer is correct?

Question: 1412 |

Cryptography does not concern itself with which of the following choices?

  •  (X)Availability
  •  ( )Integrity
  •  ( )Confidentiality
  • ›( )Validation