[CCCure CISSP] Cissp study help

cissp_student_01

Hello All

i studied the entire AIO guide 6th edition. However, when i practice the exams of 250 questions my scoring on the domains is not good as it use to be when i did that particular domain say example security architecture  that domain study
 i remember the concept at the time of studying that domain but when i move on another domain after 2 to 3 weeks when i try to recall the previous studied domain it was blank to me.  You see we  have limited quiz on the cissp i don't want rote mémorisation.

I am not able to understand where is the gap, please help me atleast give the directive.

Regards
Sameer

Re: [CCCure CISSP] Cissp study help

Richard Rieben
I generally recommend that students spend a minimum of 30 minutes each day taking quizzes that are random with all domains included. This helps keep those domains fresh as studying a specific domain continues.

In addition, if you are testing in only one domain at a time your score will naturally be better because you are not having to jump around mentally between domains - and in some cases one question may help with the answer for another question.

R-

* * * * * * * *
Richard Rieben, CISSP, PMP, FITSP-M
http://www.linkedin.com/in/rrieben
* * * * * * * *

Re: [CCCure CISSP] Cissp study help

Theresa Fichtner

I agree with Richard. I spend the first six months reading one domain and then some tests. Then moving to the next domain. When I got down to hard core studying, I started re-reading or reading other books and taking tests that combined all the domains. There’s also a lot of cross over of information between some domains.

I would read ten pages and take a 25 question quiz, read 10 pages and then quiz. I alternated between CCURE quizzes and quizzes from my books. When you get an answer wrong, make sure you read why and what the correct answer is. I love that most of the CCURE questions provide this feature.

I found that over time, the concepts I didn’t understand started making sense to me. This came from both reading and testing.

Theresa Fichtner, MCSE Manager of Information Technology

Phone 503.403.0303 | Fax 503.443.2163

Toll Free 866.236.6968

NW Preferred Federal Credit Union

www.mycreditunion.com

Click here to send me a document or file securely.

Join us on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn!

Electronic Privacy Notice & Disclaimers: This email message and any accompanying attachments may contain confidential information.  If you are not the intended recipient, do not read, use, disseminate, distribute or copy this message or attachments. Please notify the sender immediately and delete this message. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where it is stated expressly, and with authority, that they are the views of NW Preferred Federal Credit Union. Before opening any attachments, please check them for viruses and defects.

Re: [CCCure CISSP] Cissp study help

Marouane
In my case, I like to read and convert my understanding of the concepts into visualized drawings. That has helped me tremendously!

Marouane

On Thu, Dec 19, 2013 at 3:06 PM, Theresa Fichtner <[hidden email]> wrote:

I agree with Richard. I spend the first six months reading one domain and then some tests. Then moving to the next domain. When I got down to hard core studying, I started re-reading or reading other books and taking tests that combined all the domains. There’s also a lot of cross over of information between some domains.

I would read ten pages and take a 25 question quiz, read 10 pages and then quiz. I alternated between CCURE quizzes and quizzes from my books. When you get an answer wrong, make sure you read why and what the correct answer is. I love that most of the CCURE questions provide this feature.

I found that over time, the concepts I didn’t understand started making sense to me. This came from both reading and testing.

Theresa Fichtner, MCSE Manager of Information Technology

Phone <a href="tel:503.403.0303" value="+15034030303" target="_blank">503.403.0303 | Fax <a href="tel:503.443.2163" value="+15034432163" target="_blank">503.443.2163

Toll Free <a href="tel:866.236.6968" value="+18662366968" target="_blank">866.236.6968