[CCCure CISSP] CCCure CISSP: Just passed the test.

[CCCure CISSP] CCCure CISSP: Just passed the test.

v7davisa
Good afternoon,

I just passed the exam this morning. My study plan was dispersed accross 5 months roughly and consisted of the following:

Skillsoft CISSP course (not comprehensive)
AIO 6th Edition by Shon Harris (more comprehensive)

I read through the CRAM study guide a couple of times one of which was within a day of testing.

I had made a slew of flashcards as well.

I had purchased access to the cccure practice test engine and had been taking practice tests for a few months.

I just passed this morning and spent about 5 hours on the test. I marked for review and then reviewed those questions and subsequently reviewed all the questions. I'm glad that's over with! Thanks for all the cccure contributors for all they have put into this site as it has been helpful!

Anthony "Alex" Davis

Re: [CCCure CISSP] CCCure CISSP: Just passed the test.

Cornwell, Graham C LCDR COMTHIRDFLT, N6
Alex,
        Congrats! Good info, I am taking mine in a couple of weeks. Do you have the CRAM Study Guide you can pass along?

Graham

________________________________

Re: [CCCure CISSP] CCCure CISSP: Just passed the test.

sathishkumar arumugam

Alex,

Congratz on clearing it. Il'be taking mine end of Sep, could you please the CRAM guide to me as well. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Sathish

On 11 Aug 2013 09:39, "Cornwell, Graham C LCDR COMTHIRDFLT, N6" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Alex,
        Congrats! Good info, I am taking mine in a couple of weeks. Do you have the CRAM Study Guide you can pass along?

Graham

________________________________

Re: [CCCure CISSP] CCCure CISSP: Just passed the test.

nrasool
Can you send it to me as we'll if possible?

Nabil

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 11, 2013, at 12:06 AM, "Cornwell, Graham C LCDR COMTHIRDFLT, N6" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Alex,
>        Congrats! Good info, I am taking mine in a couple of weeks. Do you have the CRAM Study Guide you can pass along?
>
> Graham
>
> ________________________________

Jorge Vega
Alex

What was your score over all with cccure before you took the exam?  Was it over 80%

On Sat, Aug 10, 2013 at 11:09 PM, <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Hi Graham,

Thank you. Here's the link.

You may or may not have to login to cccure to download. I don't have to from my mobile. Be advised there are a couple of mistakes on the guide such as chain of command instead of chain of custody. Good luck on your exam!

Alex

Sent from my MOTOROLA ATRIX™ HD on AT&T

"Cornwell, Graham C LCDR COMTHIRDFLT, N6" <[hidden email]> wrote:

Alex,
        Congrats! Good info, I am taking mine in a couple of weeks. Do you have the CRAM Study Guide you can pass along?

Graham

________________________________

Re: [CCCure CISSP] CCCure CISSP: Just passed the test.

v7davisa
Jorge,

I believe my overall on freepracticetests.org was about 76-77% (Ascertained from the bar graph) but my more recent tests were between 80 and 90 (except one, I burned through the last section because my shift was over and was ready to get home so I may a 76) With that as my only indicator, I probably would have rescheduled but I was doing exceptionally well on the chapter review questions (90+%) on the AIO 6th edition so I decided to take the chance. ISC(2) won't ever give me my test results, will they? I'm really curious how I did.

Jorge Vega <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

I ask because thats what I am scoring and I don't know if I should take it. I am doing well in one area.

On Wed, Aug 14, 2013 at 5:14 PM, <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Sunny Gill

Hi,

Please see below question. Surely NAT is the correct answer as NAT is not designed to be a security feature, albeit it has limited security benefits of hiding addresses, but ultimately is design to conserve address spaces and translation of protocols etc.

If the question said ‘important services’ then I would agree, but ‘important security services’ ?

Any thoughts?

Question: 1551 | Difficulty: 5/5 | Relevancy: 3/3

Which of the following is the least important security service provided by a firewall?

·              Packet filtering

·             ›Encrypted tunnels

·              Network address translation

·              Proxy services

Sorry - you had a wrong answer. Please review details below.

Details

Submit a comment on this question

According to the authors, firewalls primarily function using three fundamental methods: 1) Packet filtering, 2) Network Address Translation and 3) Proxy services. These are the most important security services provided by a firewall. Most firewalls also perform two other important security services: 1) Encrypted authentication, allowing users on an external network to authenticate themselves to access resources on the protected network, and 2) Encrypted tunnels, allowing the establishment of secure connections between two private networks over a public network like the Internet.
Source: STREBE, Matthew and PERKINS, Charles, Firewalls 24seven, Sybex 2000, Chapter 1: Understanding Firewalls.

Contributor: Christian Vezina

Covered topic: <a href="javascript:void(0)" title="Firewalls and packet filters - Firewalls are systems or combination of systems that enforce a boundary between two or more networks. A packet filtering router is a router that is used to block or filter protocols and addresses.">Firewalls and packet filters

Re: [CCCure CISSP] CCCure CISSP: Just passed the test.

v7davisa
Good day Sunny,

I would agree with NAT being the least important as it only implements security through obscurity by hiding client ip addresses. Encrypted tunnels can encrypt both the packet header containing the original host and destination IPs and also the payload so confidentiality is provided. I would say that is a more important security service than NAT. That's my take on it at least.

V/R,
Anthony "Alex" Davis

Sunny Gill <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Thanks Alex - so is the answer for this question wrong ? The answer should be NAT , not encrypted tunnels..??

Sent from my iPhone 4

On 20 Aug 2013, at 20:30, [hidden email] wrote:

[...]

[CCCure CISSP] CISSP I Passed my Test Today!

Cornwell, Graham C LCDR COMTHIRDFLT, N6
All,

I just passed the exam this afternoon on my first attempt. My study plan was dispersed across 18 months roughly and consisted of the following:

*Carnegie Mellon Virtual Training Environment (VTE) on line course.
*Skillsoft CISSP on line course.
*2 Bootcamp Courses; I will not use the company's names. (1) First was about 18 months ago and more like a book review and not so good. (2) The second one I took was last week and was really good; a Global Computer Training Company.
*AIO 6th Edition by Shon Harris (more comprehensive)
*I read through the Overly Study Guide twice one of which was within a day of testing.
*I read the 11th Hour by Eric Conrad 3 days before the exam.
*The revised Michael Overly Study.
*The JWG CISSP Study Notes.
*Lot's of flashcards and Notes.
*I used several mnemonic devices and "dumped" them onto the small note white board note paper I was issued at the Testing Site Terminal after I started the test.
*The cccure CBK Flash Training sections are a must! A great place to start.
*I did every question I could find on website; I really liked the ones on cccure and found them helpful.
*I did most of the questions in the AIO 6th Edition Exam Guide book and about half of the Question the Practice Tests Harris additional Book; taking practice tests for about a month.

I spent about 4 1/2  hours on the test. I marked for review the ones I was not sure about and then reviewed those questions at the end. Thanks for all the cccure contributors; it was very helpful!

Cheers,
Graham

Re: [CCCure CISSP] CISSP I Passed my Test Today!

Good day Graham,

WOW, this is great news.

Thanks for sharing your study plan and resources.

Have a cold one to celebrate this week end.

[...]

BMLSystems
Congratz Graham! Thanks for sharing your study methods.

Sent from my iPhone

Re: [CCCure CISSP] CISSP I Passed my Test Today!

Jorge Vega
Graham

What was your overall score on cccsecure before you took the exam?

On Aug 24, 2013, at 4:05 AM, "Cornwell, Graham C LCDR COMTHIRDFLT, N6" <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Overall cccure score was about 80-90 after retaking the questions. Not at first though. I got allot out of redoing the questions after looking up the answer and then looking up additional explanations elsewhere (especially in the AIO Shon Harris Sixth Edition for more detail on the topic.   Then going back an redoing the questions after a few days or readying and flash cards only.

Hope this helps! Cheers Graham

Re: [CCCure CISSP] CISSP I Passed my Test Today!

Mario Fernandez
Congrats Graham.  Monkey off your back!

v/r
Mario