[CCCure CISSP] Are soft tokens not considered “something that you have”?

[CCCure CISSP] Are soft tokens not considered “something that you have”?

As per CISSP for Dummies 4th Edition: A soft token that's installed on a laptop or PC doesn't provide strong (two-factor) authentication.

My doubt: Are soft tokens not considered “something that you have” and therefore not capable of providing strong authentication? Please refer the article below. What should we consider from the CISSP exam point of view?

http://securology.blogspot.in/2007/11/soft-tokens-arent-tokens-at-all.html