[CCCure CISSP] Are biometric access controls not a Technical control?

[CCCure CISSP] Are biometric access controls not a Technical control?

My doubt: Are biometric access controls considered as a Physical control and not a Technical control?

(Shon Harris AIO 6th Edition: Table 2-1)

Re: [CCCure CISSP] Are biometric access controls not a Technical control?

Good day,

With biometric devices and many other control you have to realize they can fit into multiple categories.

For example a Video Camera is a technical device use to collect recoding  that can be used as a detective mechanism and it can also act as a deterrent.  Physical Security may be required as a compensating mechanism to ensure the video camera is not tampered with or the recording are not destroyed.

Not all devices fit into a single category.  We would need a specific question and it's context to see what category it fits into.

Hello everyone,