[CCCure CISSP] Access Control question

nrasool
An attack that specifically deals with time is which of the following?

a) Asynchronous
b) buffer overflow
c) dictionary
d) dumpster diving

My question is the answer is A and it is the one I selected.  But, wouldn't a better answer be Synchronous since it uses timing mechanisms instead of start/stop bits as asynchronous communication does.  This question is from the McGraw Hill website.

--
Nabil Rasool

Re: [CCCure CISSP] Access Control question

Good day Nabil,

Your thinking is good.

As Eric Conrad would say:  Find the least worst of the choice

I think this is one of those questions where the only thing what makes sense is A but still it is not a  great question.

On Fri, May 23, 2014 at 10:41 AM, Nabil Rasool <[hidden email]> wrote:
An attack that specifically deals with time is which of the following?

a) Asynchronous
b) buffer overflow
c) dictionary
d) dumpster diving

My question is the answer is A and it is the one I selected.  But, wouldn't a better answer be Synchronous since it uses timing mechanisms instead of start/stop bits as asynchronous communication does.  This question is from the McGraw Hill website.

--
Nabil Rasool

Re: [CCCure CISSP] Access Control question

Bijesh

My opinion is A because the question says about an attack working with time and not taking time.
To answer your doubt, if option A was synchronous then also answer will be same as its working with time
Asynchronous: delayed with time.
Synchronous: In sync with time.

Regards,
Bijesh Kallyat

On May 23, 2014 8:12 PM, "Nabil Rasool" <[hidden email]> wrote:
An attack that specifically deals with time is which of the following?

a) Asynchronous
b) buffer overflow
c) dictionary
d) dumpster diving

My question is the answer is A and it is the one I selected.  But, wouldn't a better answer be Synchronous since it uses timing mechanisms instead of start/stop bits as asynchronous communication does.  This question is from the McGraw Hill website.

--
Nabil Rasool

Re: [CCCure CISSP] Access Control question

Cartini, Eugene

I take the process of elimination to this question. B, C, and D do not deal with time, so A is the answer.

[...]

This e-mail, including any attachment(s), may be confidential and is intended solely for the attention and information of the named addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient or have received this message in error, please notify me immediately by return e-mail and permanently delete the original transmission from your computer, including any attachment(s). Any unauthorized distribution, disclosure or copying of this message and attachment(s) by anyone other than the recipient is strictly prohibited.

Re: [CCCure CISSP] Access Control question

Stephens
This questions seems like its referring to the trap door method, such as time of check and time of use. Programmers leave trap doors open for debugging and troubleshooting periods.

If this doesn't make sense, this answer out of the four is the only one that could potentially be right.

Hope this helps.
Tim